New Street Ranger Opportunities
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by no later than Friday 21st September
Leeds Business Improvement District (LeedsBID) is looking to recruit a new Street Ranger.
LeedsBID is a not-for-profit, business led organisation, committed to driving commercial investment through added value in the city centre. Launched in 2015, we work with over 950 levy paying businesses in the city centre. LeedsBID has three key aims: to raise standards, raise awareness and add value for Leeds. Through our programme of activity, we want to enhance the Leeds welcome and experience as well as coordinating the business voice for change.
This role is critical to the delivery of key components of the Leeds welcome and experience. Leeds City Council, West Yorkshire Police and BACIL already work together to keep the BID area clean and safe so that everyone (residents, visitors and businesses) can enjoy being in the city centre, and the LeedsBID will add to this through its Ranger activity.
- To undertake deep clean and responsive cleans throughout the LeedsBID area
- To provide a visible presence in the city, giving excellent customer service and to provide a warm welcome to all in the BID area/city centre
- To be ambassadorial, friendly and knowledgeable about Leeds and the LeedsBID by responding to requests for information and direction, promoting Leeds as a great place to be
- To undertake individual Ranger project responsibilities
- To liaise with all our businesses regarding the services available through the LeedsBID
- To have knowledge and experience of health & safety provisions
- To support the promotional, marketing and events activities of the LeedsBID
- To review the BID area, conducting regular audits, reporting health and safety hazards, responding to cleaning issues in conjunction with other organisations, ensuring problems and issues are resolved as quick as possible
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for a programme of enhanced deep cleaning work in the BID area. This will require collaborative working alongside other agencies to ensure a coordinated response to cleaning issues which arise. The BID Ranger will be aware of acceptable cleaning standards in the city centre, responding to a BID levy payer’s request for support where appropriate or working with other agencies to solve problems using the equipment provided.
LeedsBID Rangers will provide a highly visible, customer facing street presence, responding and reacting to business requests.
Respond to concerns raised by levy payer and non-levy payer businesses within the BID area; communicating face to face or by telephone and radio. Additional responsibilities may include
technical support for the Ranger app and other LeedsBID digital systems, maintenance and supply of Ranger uniform standard, vehicle fleet maintenance checks and cleaning rotas.
Build up relationships with people and businesses within the BID area, reflecting a professional and responsive image. This will include shops and businesses, street traders, the council, the police, security guards, shopping centre staff, buskers, entertainers and visitors.
- To support other organisations as additional eyes and ears in the city to create a welcoming and safe experience
- To support ad-hoc events in the city centre
- To promote the Keep LEEDS Tidy campaign
- To attend AGMs and LeedsBID meetings where the role of the LeedsBID Rangers can be profiled and communicated
- To support the Head Ranger with PR and marketing opportunities which promote the work of the LeedsBID Rangers
Qualifications and Training
On-going training will be provided to support the role but the following qualifications are essential:
- NVQ Level 2 qualification
- Full clean driving licence
- Manual handling training
- Use of chemicals for cleaning purposes
- Computing skills
Desirable qualifications include:
- Greater than level 2 NVQ
- Customer Service Training
- COSHH Qualifications in the use of cleaning chemicals
- IOSH Certified Training
- First Aid Trained
- Knowledge of industrial cleaning machines and practices
Terms and Conditions:
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working 5 days over 7 on an agreed shift pattern starting from 6:00AM.
The role will include early morning, weekend work and evening work. This can be flexible.
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 (depending on experience). Discretionary bonus based on performance
Holidays: 22 days per annum plus bank holidays
The job description is a guide to the nature of the work required but does not form part of the contract of employment. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor restrictive and does not preclude change or development which may be required in the future.
You will ideally:
- be customer focused, friendly, engaging and eager to help
- be a good communicator, verbally with customers and comfortable with digital reporting
- demonstrate professional conduct and personal appearance of the highest standard
- be a problem solver, willing to help and have a can-do attitude
- be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
- have an up to date and clean, driving license to operate the LeedsBID cleaning vehicle(s).
- have knowledge of or the ability to understand industrial cleaning machines and maintenance
- be flexible and responsive to the growing LeedsBID portfolio
- be aware of Health & Safety requirements in the use of machinery and during day to operation in the LeedsBID area