Teams On The Streets
LeedsBID’s distinctive street teams focus on providing that all important welcome to Leeds city centre and creating a lasting impression to residents, visitors and commuters.
The LeedsBID Street Rangers provide a focus on the physical welcome city, with the aim of enhancing the look and feel of the city centre.
- a highly visible team, carrying out an enhanced cleansing service seven days a week across the BID area
- concentrate on jet washing, chewing gum and graffiti removal
- undertake a programme of rotational deep cleans of key areas of the city centre - main entrances to the city such as the train and bus stations, key pedestrian routes and high footfall areas
- carry out reactive cleans on public and private property, responding to requests from businesses / levy payer
Did you know?
- The rangers’ first major clean-up in the city centre was Briggate, where they spent six weeks jet washing Leeds’ most prominent street, which is the length of three football pitches, and removing an estimated hundreds of thousands of pieces of chewing gum.
- Other landmark sites/ areas to have been given a rangers’ clean up include Albion Street, Dortmund Square, Buttons Yards, the Corn Exchange and West Yorkshire Playhouse.
- The team are equipped with four electric environmentally friendly vehicles which work with five high pressured jetting units.
- have deep cleaned the equivalent of the full length of the city loop eight times over in 2017